The year is coming to a close and it seems to be time to make new resolutions. I’m rather tired of resolving to lose weight. I’ve been resolving that for years. Even with the guidance of a fitness and life coach (Pahla B Fitness – see her on Youtube, Instagram and Facebook) weight loss and even fitness has been slow this year.
However, I do remember, having listened to her earlier podcasts ( Episode 5 of the Fitness Matters with Pahla B podcast on Spotify and other platforms. ) Here she talks about looking back over the year to identify the things you have accomplished over the year. So here is my list – and a few pictures.
I started this last night and needed to get to bed on time (9:30 pm). Since then I have listened to another podcast by Peggy Malone at https://drpeggymalone.com/podcast/ It’s number 183 and I thought I would simply make a list of 21 things I accomplished this year, whether they were goals or not.
- Totoro Mittens (This pattern is no longer available – https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/norwegian-totoro-mittens
- Dragon Mittens https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/green-dragon-goes-to-norway
- This was actually the first – where I used the TinCanKnits pattern and added a second colour: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/DippyKnitter/the-worlds-simplest-mittens-3
- We couldn’t find a Poppy troll mitten, but we found another one: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/trollunge
- Robot mittens were also coveted! https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/robot-mittens
- For the beekeeper in our family this one was perfect. Lots of adjustments and they are still in need of thumbs, but they will be finished by the end of this year! https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bee-key-pears-mittens
- I grew garlic for the first time
- I made garlic scape pesto for the first time. I got my inspiration and recipe from Vino Farms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74tzvONRhvM
- I planted four different kinds of garlic – Music, Red Russian, Rose de Lautrec, and German.
- I bought another pitch fork kind of tool similar to the one that is shown in the Vino Farms video.
- I got deep into debt due to challenges in our family.
- I made a plan to get those debts paid.
- I hooked up a second monitor to my laptop and that has been a gamechanger for online teaching and blogging.
- I have built a connection with my sister through our Sunday morning Google Meets.
- I have been consistent in listening to the Bible and I’m on track with the reading plans that matter.
- I built a 550 day plus streak on My Fitness Pal and when I lost it, I started over.
- I tried several ways to grow carrots and figured out that the best thing is to plant them with coffee grounds and cover them with boards until they sprouted.
- Together with my family, we processed 15 dozen ears of cord for ourselves and the freezer.
- Mebee’s Apiary was born and I helped to process and sell our honey. Check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/M%C3%A9bees-Apiary-109186394790483
20. I survived my first of 3 bee stings in our second year and got very wet doing bee rescues during two flooding incidents!
21. I became much more competent in online teaching – Jamboard, D2L, Google Classroom and creating work for my students.
Limits are good. 21 accomplishments are good. Next year I am creating an accomplishment jar. Every time I do or learn something new, I will write it on a piece of paper and pop it in the jar!
But now it is time to look to the coming year and things I want to accomplish.
Enjoy your look back on your year! What did you accomplish?